The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Olymipic N.P eagles

Posted By: gll

Olymipic N.P eagles - 06/17/07 06:33 AM

shot these couple days ago.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Olymipic N.P eagles - 06/18/07 01:44 AM

Hey Gary,

Nice shots - I particularly like the first one. I have never been to Olympic National Park before. Did you see other wildlife while there?

James
Posted By: gll

Re: Olymipic N.P eagles - 06/18/07 02:50 AM

Well they tell me its every where, but I didn't find alot but it was rainy,lots of eagles in Neah bay and along the coast. saw one seal from a distance and a no tresspass sign between me and him.lots of blacktail deer on Hurricane ridge, mostly does but did see one small buck in velvet.a few Roosevelt elk cows in Ho rain forest.
still a great place for landscapes and very few people, most of the time we were alone on the trails and beaches, schools not out there yet. I hope to come back
Posted By: Kim Townsend

Re: Olymipic N.P eagles - 06/18/07 05:45 PM

Beautiful pics! I live in Missouri, in the Mark Twain National Forest, and we have a few bald eagles that nest around here. I was out working in the garden a few weeks ago and saw a shadow pass over; I looked up and there was a beautiful bald eagle. I watched it land across the road and ran inside to get my camera. I snapped a bunch of shots as I walked towards it, and actually got pretty close, but my lack of proper equipment and knowlege resulted in some pretty lousy shots. It's the closest I've ever been to one, and I really was kicking myself. Now I'm bound and determined to learn!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum