The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Just Learning ~ A Link To Some of My favourites

Posted By: Tambrey

Just Learning ~ A Link To Some of My favourites - 05/12/09 06:36 PM

Hi Everyone...While I have lurked here for a while..I decided to join lastnight and be brave enough to post some of my own!
I have always been artsy by nature, no pun intended there...and eventually ended up with a degree in Horticulture and Landscape Design where I can be artistic in alot of different ways...then once my art blossoms from paper to garden, I can go out with the camera and photograph in yet another form of art...I am LOVING it...but have ALOT to learn about cameras and getting the best pictures....Thankfully I have Adobe Photoshop Deluxe to take care of those pictures that turn out not quite right

The first camera I played around with was a Kodak Z1275 but....I dropped it into a bowl of cereal one day...it was a gonner...
I really was missing taking decent pictures, so I spent a couple hundred and got the Kodak Z1012IS and to be honest, I am quite pleased with the quality of pictures for a point and click camera...
It is something I carry with me everywhere I go...it is fast and easy and for what I am capable of doing right now...it is "good enough"

As my skills and knowledge progress....I hope to move up in the camera world to something bigger and better as I really am "into" macro and birds and bugs...

So anyways...enough rambling...this first link is a few of my favourite florals...some from last year...a few from these last couple months....

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/Artfx1/Tambreys%20Favourite%20Pics/

I wish I could tell you camera settings, etc...I know with this new camera I use High ISO alot and I will zoom in then after I take the picture, zoom on the camera and save it there again...

I promise....I will get a small notebook to carry with me and note down what I set the camera on for the pictures to help me learn what works best!!!
Posted By: Wacky roger

Re: Just Learning ~ A Link To Some of My favourite - 05/12/09 07:47 PM

Welcome, nice photos at your link.

Here is the information on one of your photos.
EXIF data for your 1st Enchinacea

Camera Make: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera Model: KODAK CX6330 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
Image Date: 2008:07:17 11:33:55
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 5.6mm (35mm equivalent: 37mm)
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)

Re: Just Learning ~ A Link To Some of My favourite - 05/12/09 11:50 PM

Thanks...for the welcome and info (can you tell me WHERE you found all that info?!)....that picture was actually taken when I worked at the library and used their camera!! Yes, another Kodak, but like I said, they are fast and easy to get the job done...and reasonably priced!!

I am hoping, in time, to do alot more macro, which I know will take a better camera, and get into taking bugs and stamens, pollen and bits of flowers...or just whatever else interests me in nature...there really is LOTS of "art" out there if we just look around!!

I uploaded from the camera about 900 images lastnight...mostly junk, but a few good ones...the fun comes when I MUST sort them (delete) to make hard drive space on the computer!!

Re: Just Learning ~ A Link To Some of My favourite - 05/12/09 11:51 PM

ahhh...I found it....bottom right...COOL!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum